Friday, February 8, 2013

Planet Organic's Cosmic Cookie - Pretty Guilt Free

I probably have one of the biggest sweet tooth's ever and it doesn't help that we have cookies and cinnamon buns at work all of the time. I remember a while back I stumbled upon Planet Organic's Cosmic Cookie recipe on their website and I am thankful I did. I did make some adjustments to it like replace the raisins with figs and use some stevia to adjust the taste to my liking. It is a cookie I can eat without feeling guilty that's for sure. These cookies are usually something I eat towards the end of a work day to keep myself from going over to the vending machine and ogling the chips and candy in there. It also hits the spot right after a hard work out. I usually make these once a month and actually freeze mine and take them out on days I know I'll need them like on work out days that last longer than 1.5 hours.

The recipe for 8-12 cookies is as follows:

1 cup and 2 tablespoons of quick cooking oats
1 cup of whole wheat flour
5 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
3 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
4 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut
4 tablespoons of almonds
4 tablespoons of dark chocolate chunks (Bernard Callebaut)
2 tablespoons of flax seeds
1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of sea salt
6 dried figs and 4 dried prunes diced
2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of fancy molasses
6 tablespoons of oil(I used a canola and olive oil blend)
1/2 cup of soy milk
2 tablespoons of demura sugar
2 packets of stevia

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together except the sugar and stevia
3. Mix all of the wet ingredients together. Add enough sugar and stevia to your liking for sweetness which is why I had to separate the sweeteners because I can't exactly know how sweet it will be in with the dry ingredients lol.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
5. Spray a cookie sheet with pam or some other oil spray. Use a 1/3 cup to scoop up the mixture and form into patties. I just eyed it so it made 8 cookies instead of 12 lol. You must form the cookies into patties because they are dense and do not contain a lot of oil they will not flatten out like peanut butter cookies. They will retain the shape you shape them in pretty much. Place them on the pan
6. Bake for about 20 minutes. I baked them for about 18 minutes as I live at a higher elevation. They will be ready when you can see the edges turn slightly golden brown which you can't see from the angle I took pictures at sorry lol.
7. Rest on pan for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool and store in an air tight container and enjoy :)

If you try the recipe let me know what you thought of them

No comments:

Post a Comment